Monday, June 4, 2007

CONTROL.

i like to go back sometimes and revisit songs i've written in the past. they're like journal entries, almost. i remember being particularly frustrated on the day i wrote this. but after the last line was angrily scratched into my book, i remember feeling so much better.

i feel so lucky to have music in my life to help release all the thoughts building up in my brain. without it, i don't know what i would do! :)

(you can hear this track on the music player on my music page.)

[Control]
[Paul Dateh 2007]

(Verse 1)
In the morning when I wake up
I try to think what's best for me to do
But even when the morning's over
I still find that I have yet to choose

What method am I to use?
I know I'm wasting time
My future's on the line

(Chorus)
I'm still searching for control
'Cause round and round I go
and I can't seem to take any more
Though I try my best to fight it
My life's intertwined with
Things I just can't seem to resolve

(Verse 2)
In the afternoon I try
To find a new design
Through which I'll have myself defined
But when I look at what I've refined
I see that everything's just misaligned
Maybe I'll just resign

(Bridge)
I don't care what you've been told before
Sometimes life just ain't no fun, no
It's a lesson that will hurt if left ignored
You could fight it, but what for?

No comments: