Thursday, November 8, 2007

NYC Day 6 - BKLYN.



During my 6th day in NYC, I spent some of my free time in Greenpoint and Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

Williamsburg is a really cool community, but all of the new construction projects in the area will probably bring major changes in the coming years. The last time I was here was only this past February, and it already looks a lot different than I remember!

Greenpoint is an interesting place, too. It's got a small town feel that complements neighboring Williamsburg nicely. I really like the fact that New York still has a lot of independent businesses, unlike Los Angeles's unending gallery of chains. I hope that doesn't change as time goes on.

I'm really having a lot of fun here in New York, and I'm sad that I'll soon have to come back to Los Angeles. But, L.A. has its perks, too; you just can't beat L.A.'s weather. And it looks like I'll be leaving New York just as it's about to get COLD!

4 comments:

Vu Bui said...

Dude, that was a tasty looking pastry. Enjoy what's left of your time over there, man!

Lan Bui (of The Bui Brothers) said...

Looks like a good day.

Militant Angeleno said...

Williamsburg is the Silver Lake on NYC...

Ophelia said...

That food looked so tasty! And was that greentea you drinking? That is my favorite! *yummy*