Saturday, November 10, 2007

NYC Day 8 - Zulu Nation 34th Anniversary



During my rehearsal with DJ Johnny Juice on Day 3, Tony Tone of the Cold Crush Brothers personally invited me to come hang out at the Zulu Nation 34th Anniversary in Harlem. They were hosting a B-Boy and DJ battle on the night I attended, and they asked me to join in on the fun by performing a quick set with Juice.

It really made my night when Grandmaster Caz came on stage to say that my work is "culture" and "real". I will never forget the amount of excitement I felt!

Juice made sure to introduce me to all the other Hip Hop legends in the house and also made sure that I got a chance to grab some photos with them. It really was a great place to be that night. Everyone was overwhelmingly supportive and encouraging (qualities you see less and less in today's mainstream Hip Hop world).

Going to the Zulu Nation anniversary was the best way to end my trip to New York City. I couldn't have possibly asked for better! I can't wait to come back to this awesome place again.

Next entry: Back to L.A.

1 comment:

Ophelia said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I hope you return to NY also!!!